Sunday, March 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Blog

Today my little blog is two years old. This date should be easy to remember because tomorrow my sister is... well, she's young for her age. Anyway, it's hard to believe. When I first heard about blogging I didn't get it at all. It seemed like a ridiculous idea to me. Three years ago when my friend started in I started to get it as I participated in the interchange it engendered. Then I took the plunge and it has become very much a part of my life. It is almost a daily thing - writing in mine and reading several others. It's now rather hard to imagine life without it. Kinda like a cell phone. What did we used to do before? It has certainly gotten me to writing, which is something I felt I needed to do more of for many years. And it makes a certain kind of communication possible that never was before. One can really get one's thoughts hammered out and put them out there for the few friends and family that are interested enough to keep up with it and for the cyber-wanderers that happen along. There have been some interesting exchanges in the comments with folks I would never have otherwise talked to, even if I'd been standing next to them in some public place. The wisdom of soul baring in public is still a matter of debate, but I normally hide behind at least a thin metaphor to maintain plausible deniability. And I never put my name in it anywhere so at least you can't google to it that way. But, yes, there is vulnerability. However it does start some conversations. And without vulnerability, what is there to talk about really? Nothing much that is any good happens without somebody getting vulnerable. So, here's to two years of doing something I never thought I'd do but I'm glad I did. Well, at least so far I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Happy Bloggin' Birthday!

Monday, March 26, 2007 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home