Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday Outing

I've been neglecting my feathered roommates, I'm afraid. They spend an awful lot of time with nobody around to relieve the boredom of cage life. Today I got in some serious time reading and got them out finally. They did a bit of flying about the room. Spent some time in the window sightseeing. But most of the time they kept flying to me and walking all over me while I was reading. I didn't have a shirt on and they eventually started to get annoying by finding hairs I didn't know I had and yanking on them. And the green one actually tried to climb up my face. Well, like little kids let outside after a long season of being cooped up, they finally wore me out and I had to get them back to the cage. I gave them a spray of millet, their favorite snack, which they gorged on as usual. Now they are worn out and napping. They can be noisy at annoying times and I get tired of cleaning up their mess. But I do like having them around.

This is the most inane thing I've written in a while. But, I guess I'm just in the habit of writing and want to keep at it. Sometimes the brain goes when the fingers can't and sometimes it's the other way around.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have three pets and they love looking out the windows. IT is the nature of us all to look out beyond what surrounds or confinds us. Though you may not feel that the freedom you wrote about touched your deeper passages. SOmetimes our simple reflections of character in truth in us all can be just as comforting to see the same type of picture of your birds as our dogs is fun and enjoyable.

Sunday, March 04, 2007 8:37:00 AM  
Blogger wingman said...

Well, then I'm glad I put this up, Lance. This is probably the last thing I would have thought would warrant a comment. But then, I know you like things that fly!

Sunday, March 04, 2007 10:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny.

Monday, March 05, 2007 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I found your blog through Lance and like your writing.

I'm not much of a bird person, at least not in the house! Something about the little creatures fluttering around inside always slightly frightened me!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger wingman said...

Hi Lori,
I'm glad you enjoyed something I wrote and that you spoke up. I haven't gotten many comments lately until Lance showed up. Seems most of what I do goes out into a vacuum and just gets swallowed up without a trace. Cyber life has been a lot like the rest of my life lately - pretty lonely.

My wife used to hate the birds to be out of the cage too. But seeing them fly is my absolute favorite thing about them. I used to live in a big house that had a large great room with ten foot ceilings where they could really get up to speed and maneuver. It's so beautiful and so amazing.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home