Sunday, June 18, 2006

Absent

Yes, I've been gone from the blog for a while. I've traveled a long way since last checking in here. A very long way. I am a bit road weary. Today is father's day, I have been reminded this morning. I am again far away from home, this time alone.

As a daily rider of a motorcycle, I have to acknowledge and attempt to manage risk. Life is a risky business. One never knows what will be around the next bend. But move ahead you must. To stand still is to just fall over in the middle of the road and be run over by whatever comes along behind you. So move along I must. God help me to navigate a reasonable path and get to where He wants me to go.

7 Comments:

Blogger rod said...

Jesus, be my vision -
be my path AND my guide,
Jesus

Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you return, come visit us out in Gaston...

Sunday, June 18, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were greatly missed today. Since you weren't here for me to wake you up with coffee in bed, I took some to Stacey instead! Your awesome dad talents helped Nathan and I to figure out how to change the bbq gas tank. You guided us through over the phone, just like you do with me constantly in my technical, computer ignorance. Next thing you know, I'll be calling you on the side of some road asking you how to exactly change that tire again?

Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Risk. Placing a radical, unnatural trust in Him. Risk praying. Have conversation with Him. Risk seeing Him as a lover, whose only desire is to see our hearts' desire fulfilled. Risk living in the moment, for he speaks to us lovingly, in the moment. Be fully where you are every day and know that you are not alone.

Monday, June 19, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah ,this risk. Does God ask it of us or do we deceive ourselves? The risk is to boldly place our trust in Him for our future, to trust the outcome as He is the only true lover of our souls. Such a risk to trust in an unseen presence and pray that it will be enough.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm buying a boat. Ride your motorcycle out to Iowa. We'll waterski & play guitars.

Risk Shmisk. We're having fun juggling.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger wingman said...

That sounds really great, Lar. I'll take you up on it just as soon as I can. Maybe even this summer. We'll see.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home