Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fleece Lining

Back in the book of Judges, Gideon asked God to answer a question for him using a fleece of wool. I was thinking of that today when I walked out of church. The forecast had called for rain after 1:00 pm so I had ridden the bike. Well it was that or not go at all. In the middle of the sermon about 11:30, after some big booms, I looked over my shoulder through the back doors to see a gullywasher pounding away. The kind that strips gravel from the parking lot. I realized I had left my helmet hanging on the handlebars by the chinstrap. I figured it would fill up like a bucket. The bike was drenched with big beads of water on the seat, but to my amazement, the helmet was almost dry inside. Just a wee bit of dampness. Though I’ve been asking God some questions myself lately, I hadn’t any particular one on my mind this morning. But I took this as a confirmation that God is in control of everything and He is watching out for my well-being. That is really the best answer to any question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home