Sunday, July 10, 2005

Donald Miller

Just finished his book, "Looking for God Knows What." Lots to think about. He crystalizes a lot of things I've been mushily pondering and have been troubled about. This guy needs to be heard. I'm afraid, though, that because of his style, which I thoroughly enjoyed myself, he will be dismissed by many as an iconoclast. His "lifeboat economy" idea is very helpful. I have long eschewed much of that economy, but as I consider, I'm amazed at how much of it I buy into on a daily basis. Now to go back and find a copy of "Blue Like Jazz" to read. This guy is an extremely important writer. I hope he will be taken seriously and not considered a literary fad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like everyone and their mom is reading this guy. I just haven't been able to yet. I don't read as much as I used to, which is a shame. I read all the time when I was a kid, now I might read a book every few months. *Maybe*.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 3:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our church did a whole series on "Blue Like Jazz" but it was during the summer. I gave a copy to my Dad to read, but I have yet to read it myself. We'll have to talk about it.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home