Friday, March 25, 2005

Prodigal

I’m off to find my way
I’m headed out the door
I’m gonna get my piece
I know there’s so much more
The good life waits for me.
What am I waiting for?
Don’t want to hang around at home
I want a life that is my own

Just flash a roll of cash
the girls will come around
Get some of that feel-good stuff
just lay your money down
But when the dollar's gone
will anyone be found?
When your life is at the end
Then how will you buy a friend?

At the start it’s so much fun to roam
But sooner or later you’ll end up alone
Then you’ll just want to find your way back home
To find your way back home

The world will always call to you
"come run off and play"
Responsibility waits for another day
But in the end it’s always you who has to pay
Don’t bother saving for a rainy day
They’ll step on you to get their way

Drifting out in the world
it’s such a big bad place
Everybody wants something
they’re always in your face
What was it that my father said as he waved good-bye?
A tear was falling from his eye
He said. ‘I’ll love you ‘till the day I die.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... you, your heart or someone you know? So much up on which we need to catch (sometimes, avoiding sentence-ending prepositions can be so difficult).

Monday, March 26, 2007 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home