Friday, March 25, 2005

Takeoff

It takes me a while to catch up. Blogging has become a big part of my world, but I have avoided having one of my own like I avoided getting a palm pilot for years. It just seemed it was going to add complication to my life. I have been an avid commenter elsewhere. There are a few blogs that I drop in on daily. Something different and profound has been taking place through these connections. So, here I go. The blogosphere will not be denied. It took me about a week to become fully dependent on the palm when I finally got one. I am an excessive-compulsive personality type. This blog will probably become another addiction. A good one, I hope.

The thing that finally pulled me over the edge is a wrestling with the concept of anonymity. In all other dealing on the internet, I have never wanted to hide behind it. My identity is out there and you can look me up and find me if you want. I stand for what I stand for and what I say I will stand behind. Unfortunately, in the subcultures in which I find I must live, I would get into trouble in one way or another if I expressed some of what I want to say sometimes. For example: I don't cuss. Cussing is completely innappropriate in my world and I never verbalized a four-letter word in my life until well into adulthood, and then only in the deepest depths of despair with a precious few in my innermost world. But they are in my head on occassion, as much as I'm embarrassed to admit. I've always believed that a man's control of his tongue speaks volumes about the control he has over all other areas of his life. But a swear word may slip out through my fingers, onto this keyboard, and into the open on occasion. That's the kind of thing I don't want to have to worry about. I've decided to make my peace with anonymity. I wish it didn't have to be. But I am looking forward to getting out what is deep inside without fear. If somehow you figure out my true identity, I guess that's all right. I am doing this in pursuit of truth. But I reserve the right to hedge on truth in this one instance: if you ask me in my real life if this is my blog, I will probably deny it.

I enjoy flying alone. What is here is for me. You don't have to read any of it. But if you'd like to come along for the ride, welcome aboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home