Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Letting Go

It seems that on numerous fronts, in the immediate past and even more immediate present, I have been learning about letting go. It must be a very important lesson because it seems God keeps hammering and hammering on it with me. It can be an unhappy lesson to experience, to be sure. But then, it has other facets. I had all but given up on trying to find a guitar playing gig at a restaurant and certainly had lost all momentum in that direction. Then over this last weekend an opportunity just dropped into my lap. The owner of a new and so far seemingly successful restaurant down at the beach had by chance heard me play at a party many months ago and wants me to come perform. I start a three night run tonight, 6:00 - 10:00pm. We'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to really enjoying this. If you happen to be in the environs of Satellite Beach, Florida the next three nights, It's called the "Enigma," right on A1A. (note: The restaurant is actually an upgrade of sorts. The proprietors had a smaller place called the "Enigma Cafe" for six years that was in the same area. They closed that down about a year ago to develop the new place.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home