Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ouch

So the broken tooth came out and it felt a whole lot better. I followed all the directions for avoiding a dry socket very carefully. But when it's a molar on the bottom your chances are 20 percent that it's gonna get ya anyway. And I'm in the 20. It hurt like a bad dog. Unfortunately I realized it was getting bad on Friday afternoon. My friend's office closes at noon on Friday and I couldn't get him on his cell. I gutted it out through an agonizing weekend downing massive amounts of ibuprofen and Tylenol hoping for a prescription for something much stronger on Monday. When I finally got a call back from Steve Monday afternoon, he informed me that unfortunately he can no longer call in a prescription across state lines. He would have liked to have me on an antibiotic. But it was getting a little better by then and he thought I had probably turned the corner. It is getting better. Now it's just uncomfortably painful instead of paralyzingly painful. So maybe it will go away pretty soon. It's amazing how such a little thing can hurt you so much and take away a chunk of your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home