Wednesday, May 23, 2007

quiet blog

Been working a good bit lately. Lots of set up and strike work at the huge Orange County, FL convention center. And lots of walking on the hard concrete floors. My feet ache. More tomorrow. Been trying to get back to recording. I have a backlog of new songs to get down. But I've been fiddling and twiddling with my guitar rig. Replaced a damaged pot in a preamp. L.R. Baggs sent me the replacement for free. Great company. Modified the same unit with an on/off switch so I don't have to pull the input cable out to turn it off. And some more stuff to let me control more with my feet. One just can't ever seem to have too many foot switches. Now I just need some more gigs to use it all for. Oh yeah. One more thing. I've been watching a couple of guitar training videos about DADGAD. I'm starting to get it. What a whole new world of great sounds. I may never come back.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dan...this picture should be the cover of your CD, which I'm sure will be coming out soon, right? - Shackman

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger wingman said...

If I can just get the new songs recorded I'll have almost enough for another CD! As usual, getting started is the hardest part. Then there's the alternate tuning muse. Seems there's all kinds of sounds to grab there.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sir. Hope all is well.

xanga.com/theworldslastnight

Thursday, May 24, 2007 5:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home