Monday, November 20, 2006

17 Days

...in a row. I made it. I just got home from the last of 17 sraight days of freelance work without a day off. What an amazing run! God has opened doors for me in ways that are quite beyond what is reasonable. Eight different jobs for three different production companies dropped into my calendar like puzzle pieces filling every day but with no conflicts. Well, there were two regular small shoots I had to cancel out of but there were backup people in place for them so there was no inconvenience to the clients. I am so thankful for this work. Ironically, I have had to work hard on my attitude the last few days as I got tired and a bit cranky when working on the most demanding, lowest paying jobs with the poorest equipment that caused technical problems and related stress on all involved. I had to mentally step back and just thank God for the great provision and distance my soul from the troubles that I didn't cause and that really weren't my problem. I've always sacrificed myself (and my family) for the project and it's hard to stop it. But I'm trying.

By the way, last week, that 10 minutes they used my camera the first day was the only time they used it all week. I stood there like window dressing behind the big camera during the sessions and surfed the web and read most of the time between. I did help with the strike on Friday, which was about three intense hours of hard work. But to the best of my memory, I worked the least and got paid the most compared to any working week of my life. It's a boost that is tremendously encouraging to me right now. And now I can take a breath and have some time off with the wonderful gift of knowing I have several good paying gigs already booked for next month. I am sorely tried, but I am also very blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home