Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dawn Patrol

This morning I was up at dawn as is required to get up to the video truck and get it where it needs to go in time for the church service shoot. The color of the dawn coming over the lake was so gorgeous I had to get out back and snap a few shots. (Click the image to make it big and enjoy the colors. I didn't touch this with Photoshop. The image is exactly as it came out of the camera and the colors looked just like it.) I thought about the old saying, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky in the morning, sailors take warning." It turned out to not be a very good day for sailing, but not because of bad weather. It was beautiful but almost no wind all day. Dave's son and his college buddies came for the afternoon so it was wakeboarding wall to wall on nice smooth water. I almost made it to the next square with my new wakeboarding skills. I just almost, so very close, should have made it, did a 180 turn around on flat water. Just couldn't ride away from it though. And I came so close to jumping clear across the wake. But my old body ran out of steam before I could make it all the way. At the end of the day I showed the boys a little old school on the slolom ski. Didn't hurt my hip this time. In fact, I think the overstretch I did last time actually helped in the long run. I've had less pain overall since the severe pain of the stretch went away. Now I'm that wonderful played out tired that only comes from a day in the sun on the water. About the best kind of tired there is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home