Saturday, September 08, 2007

Shell Point

I have come to Ft. Myers, Florida to take a job as the TV Production Manager for Shell Point Retirement Community. They do a daily, 30 minute magazine style TV show that goes closed circuit to all the units where approximately 2,000 people live. I was asked to take this job by the executive in charge of marketing, a man I have known as an acquaintance for many years. They really wanted me to come and asked me to just try it for a few months to see if it was for me - kind of a reverse probationary period. I couldn't think of any good reason not to take them up on the offer. I wasn't at all sure about it at first as I had my sights set elsewhere, but God slammed the other door shut and kept showing me things about this opportunity that just couldn't be ignored. My stuff is in storage in Orlando and I'm set for this to be a trial run, but already it seems that this is one of those “God things” and I think it's where I'm supposed to be. They set me up temporarily in an amazing house on the property that I can stay in until the end of the year if I choose. It has a bunch of furniture that I can take with me to wherever is next. After living in 110 sq. ft. for the last year I hardly know what to do with this whole big place to myself. The setting is a bit overwhelming, but I like it! Can't get too used to it though. I will not be able to afford such a view when it comes time to secure a more permanent residence. But for the time being, I'm trying to just soak it in. Thank you Lord.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place, Dan. So, have you gone to a retirement community in order to prepare a place for me?

Saturday, September 22, 2007 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger wingman said...

MMmm... Well, I have seen a few pianos around here! Actually, they have one decades-old Steinway grand and another brand spanking new one. Come on down!

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home