Sunday, January 14, 2007

Music Video

Long ago I had a vain dream. I thought about making a movie with some angst-ridden rock song as the audio track and visuals that would be a montage of shots of me walking or driving or flying a plane or something, looking very serious as I presumably contemplated things the song was talking about. Years later but before I was ever able to bring my vision to reality, M-TV hit cable television and was full of this genre I had only seen in my mind's eye theretofore. It would have been cool to have invented the music video. But I'm one of the many who has come up with a great idea that has already been invented. Or at least brought to market previously. Anyway, the other night I went to the movies. I saw “The Good Shepherd” in which Matt Damon plays a young guy who gets recruited by the then fledgling CIA. It's about loyalties and how they can conflict and pull a person apart. It's three hours long. I walked out of the theater and got into my car at 1:00AM. I dropped the top, cranked up the MP3 player and headed for home. Suddenly I was in my music video. Think the first season of “Miami Vice” only minus the guns, drug dealers, and pastel jacket. And the music was newer than Phil Collins. There was no camera to capture the various interesting angles as I drove along. But they were all there to be had and the montage played in my head, the only place it would have received any airplay anyway. Deep feelings awash in emotionally charged music. “I give this song a 10. It's got a beat and you can drive a convertible at night with palm trees going by to it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home