Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Low Res Sailing

on a Hi Res day. I had high hopes for these pictures. Dave's brother Dan and family were visiting from Australia and were out in the speedboat at the same time I was sailing. I saw him take a photo of me and the boat in fine form in perfect wind on a great day and tried several times to get his images finally connecting with him last night. Unfortunately he was shooting in video mode (except for the bottom shot). I got a couple of frame grabs from the Quicktime file but they are low res, of course.

So, when something is obviously flawed, you try an effect and pretend it was meant to be that way. Or as we say in the video biz, "If you can't fix it, feature it!"

Furled and heading home:
Besides being able to make video, Dan's new little shirt pocket Olympus is also waterproof to ten feet or so. Later that night at a restaraunt, he stuck it in his glass of water and snapped this shot:

1 Comments:

Blogger wingman said...

I miss you too, Stu. And the rest of the gang there. Teaching was a great experience for me. I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it. It was a good run for those six years. But all things must pass. Life goes on. There are many good things ahead for you and me and all the great people at CIU. I'll look forward to seeing your project and to seeing you again.

Monday, October 30, 2006 8:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home