Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Motorcycles Are Invisible


Yesterday, after weeks of cold wet weather, we finally had a nice day. I got my bike out of hibernation and went for a ride. Another fellow had the same idea but I'm sure now wishes he hadn't. I came across the wreck above just after it had happened. It was awful. The guy was actually laying in the flames. By the time I got off my bike some others had pulled him away and poured water on his legs. I reached for my cell phone but a lady was already calling on hers. A cop was there almost instantly. I stood there frustrated about not being able to do anything to help and about the classic setup for this accident. At 4:45 PM the sun was right on the horizon blasting into the eyes of the westbound Toyota driver turning left into the car wash. T-bone. It takes a nasty hit to rupture a motorcycle gas tank. I had a camera so I took a picture and left to get out of the way as a firetruck drove up.

Motorcycle riders, please remember that you are invisible. Everybody else, please remember that big, car-sized shapes aren't the only things you need to be watching for on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home