Sunday, August 21, 2005

Doodles

Last week I had some days with no words. Probably mostly because of busyness but also no doubt because of the general, low-grade depression I have to deal with every year for the week or two before classes start. I just never feel ready to stand there in front of students again. I do enjoy teaching, I just don’t enjoy not being prepared and it seems I always feel that way to some extent with rare exceptions. Another rather depressing thing is faculty meetings. Don’t get me wrong, I do think they are important, but they usually seem to be mostly about institutional survival and preciously little about teaching students. So I’m usually frustrated with them. But faculty meetings do give me the opportunity to get in some serious doodling. And then I have to start messing with them in Photoshop and, well, you know what happens. Hey, last night I rode by a field with some pigs in it. If I go back there, I might be able to get a picture of a sow’s ear. Mmmmmm… Maybe you can after all!

which version is better?

4 Comments:

Blogger falseaffection said...

looks like you had a productive meeting!

what do you teach?

Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger wingman said...

I teach six classes comprising a video production minor in a communications program at a Bible College. I also teach a photography class which, as one might expect, is a popular elective that draws students from other programs. It used to be a chore until I switched it over to digital last year and it then it got really fun. I did production for twenty years before starting teaching five years ago.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger Bettys Book Talk said...

Very cool pictures!

Monday, August 22, 2005 12:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've turned... But I can certainly understand the appeal of digital... just like the power of the Dark Side...Luke.

Actually, I was just looking for a digital for my wife after she struggled with film advance and battery problems during our spring break trip this week. Maybe the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1...

Saturday, April 07, 2007 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home