Friday, April 01, 2005

Wingman

I had this in the "about me" section of my profile, but it showed up to the right and kinda messed up the look of the page. So I'm shortening that stuff and putting this here as a post:

My wife asked some months ago what my goal for us was. I said one thing: that she would find me irresistable. I've since refined this goal. I now have a strategy to attain it. I want to be the flesh and blood manifestation of the Holy Spirit of God wraping his wings of love, comfort, and peace around her. When she feels my arms, I want her to feel His feathers. My feathers have been broken. They are scarred and scratchy and muddy and often anything but pretty. They have definately not been airworthy. I was grounded. If they were not phoenix feathers, they would be intolerable to touch. But there is such a thing as fire. There is such a thing as redemption. There is such a thing as forgiveness. And most importantly, there is such a thing as acceptance of these things. And as those monstrous, invisible wings enfold me, there is room and strength enough to allow me to wrap those in my world under my own wings. As long as the wind is blowing. As long as the flow is happening. It can be. Threfore, by faith in One who is greater than me, one on whose Wind I soar or sometimes just barely clear the rocks, I make my claim: I am the wingman.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you reached this conclusion long before I did...to be God's love - so when she sees me, hears me, senses me - she KNOWS she is loved by God.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home