Wednesday, March 30, 2005

City of Angels

Alternate title: Air Force

Warning: this post could blow you away.

You may have read every other word I have written and been tracking with me all the way. But now you may leave shaking your head and thinking I’m truly nuts. Or a would-be novelist. But I assure you, this happened to me. I have only ever shared this with three or four people. I just don’t think most are able to take it in. If you dare, read on and you shall see if you are one who can.

Some years ago I spent some time in a city on the other side of the world. A place few in my home country have ever heard of. It is the childhood home of one of the most evil leaders who ever lived. And it is a very dark town. The evil is palpable – it’s all around like a fog you can almost see. Evil owns this place. It is a stronghold.

I was traveling and working with a well-known Christian leader, known by many from afar as a righteous man, known by me from up-close as the real deal, a man who actually lived what he preached at great personal cost.

I was also working with another man. One who had been involved quite deeply in the occult before becoming a Christian. Several times in the past, this man had quietly made me aware that he could occasionally sense localized spiritual activity and presence. I know this sounds weird, but once in a restaurant in an Asian country, we passed a large idol that was part of the décor. He said, “there’s a demon in that thing.” And something in my much-less attuned soul knew that he was right.

Back to the dark city. Some very strange things happened there. I had some equipment stolen from right under my feet as I worked. There was a lot of confusion, a lot of a sense of someone intruding and trying to steal – like being at Piccadilly Circus in London with pick-pockets pressing in on you from all sides. You can just feel it. And it feels very bad. An awful sensation of violation.

As we left that city, my friend told me of some things he had seen there. He saw thousands of demons with glowing eyes covering the hillside. He had also seen four huge golden angels with swords drawn, standing watch over our leader friend and surrounding him wherever he went. My sensitive friend told me he actually asked one of these beings at its guard post one night why the theft of our equipment had been allowed? Why had these bad things been allowed to happen? The terse answer consisted of five words, “None of you were killed.”

Some days later, I asked my friend with hesitation if he had seen any angels around me. His answer was short and without detail. “You have two white ones.”

I don’t know what you make of this. It strikes me at this point in time that the quantity of two is significant to me: a flight leader and a wingman. I take it that God has intended some purpose for my life that requires the secret service protection of two of these agents. I am thankful for that service and used to say so aloud to them on occasion. I have never heard or seen them myself. And I haven’t thought much about them for years. But I believe they have been on duty. I have been spared from various disasters from time to time and sensed that something had protected me. I don’t understand the mechanics of how God chooses to physically work in our lives and provide protection. But I absolutely know that he does or I would not be sitting here alive to think about it, let alone be doing so in the comfort of a home and family.

So, to my faithful, unseen soldiers, if reading blogs is in the purview of your many abilities, thank you once again. I know you care little or nothing about my gratitude or even my acknowledgement of your existence. Your only concern is the accomplishment of your mission and loyalty to Him who sent you. Nevertheless, thank you. Thank God for providing you to me. I solute you as comrades in arms as we face the fire fight we are about to walk into.


footnote: an unbelievable series of technical glitches delayed the posting of this entry. Something is going on here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home