Friday, April 15, 2005

My Far Away Love

I woke this morning with this on my mind. It's for one person, but I'll let you read it:

All the air you breathed has drained away from the rooms and the house has gone sterile. My lungs feel as empty as my stomach. There's that God shaped hole in every person that only He can fill. Well, there's this other hole inside me shaped like you and there is a constant tinge of pain when it's empty. When we were courting I told you something that seemed to resonate with you. At that time it was an attractive thought, not a repulsive one. I told you that I needed you. Well, that has not changed. It's gotten more severe. Maybe it's some sort of co-dependent thing and there is something unhealthy about it. Maybe I need to be more independent. Whatever, it is the way it is. I think it's that "one flesh" thing going on. As important as it will be for me to start eating again, it is just as important to me that you come back around. A significant part of my body and soul is just gone blank when you are missing. It was so good to hear your voice last night. But you are sounding awfully tired. I ache for relief for you. You are doing what must be done and I am proud of you for the job you are doing and the frame of mind you have been able to maintain. This time is going to pass. When you return, I'm praying that somehow I will be able to make you feel how important you are to me. The air I breathe, the food I eat, your presence. I take all for granted far too much. And I die without them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home