Sunday, January 29, 2006

See Spot run...

Here is something that reminded me of the Dick and Jane books we were first taught to read back in the first grade or so. That is, in terms of literacy level. This time it's about Narnia. I was incredulous that folks were writing about the evils of "Aslan worship." One of the commentors said "...the local CCM DJ came on and began praising the Narnia movie in a way that would nearly make one think this was on par with the Savior of the world." I'm not making this up! Check the link yourself! I posted a response, but once again, the capital "F" is not interested in discussing anything and my comment was censored. So, I post it here for your consideration:
_____________________
You've got to be kidding, right? Have you folks ever read C.S. Lewis? Besides the Chronicles of Narnia? Have you ever taken a literature class? Even in high school? If this is the way you interpret literature then how can one think you take the Bible seriously?
_____________________
On the same site I later saw a discussion revealing that someone had read Lewis' Mere Christianity and came away with the understanding that Lewis believed there are multiple paths to heaven apart from Jesus Christ. Whoa! I guess the discussion IS over if that's going to pass for reading comprehension.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say, "Just smile and nod," but this is a serious problem.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to avoid all that by avoiding those sites and comments. I'd much rather spend my energy in open discussions with people that are open. Perhaps that's not being caring, but it does wonders for my blood pressure.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home