Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Unhappy Landing


I just found out something very sad. A couple of weeks ago on Oct. 19th, after delivering over 4,000 kits, thousands of which are now flying, Skystar Aircraft, makers of the Kitfox line of kit-built airplanes, filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy. I've been wanting to build one of these airplanes for about 20 years. Looks like the kit with my name on it will probably never be delivered. The one good thing is that it never got ordered. There are probably a good number of people just like me who have waited and worked and saved and schemed much of their lives to get to the place to be able to build one of these wonderful machines and finally sent their money off to claim their long-cherished prize. But they will not get their airplane and likely will never see their money again. I can't imagine the pain being felt right now. I just hope the jigs and other tooling makes it's way to someone who will offer these magic airplanes to the market again one day. A dream that will probably never be able to be fulfilled is still a dream. You can hang onto it and cherish it no matter how unlikely it's fruition. A dream that suddenly becomes impossible is a death.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet there's someone out there who purchased a kit and has yet to build; or started and never finished. Keep checking e-bay cause some wife out there is probably trying to sell it!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:00:00 AM  
Blogger wingman said...

Now there's an encouraging word! Especially from you! I can still dream that somewhere out in the future is an airplane with my name on it's registration.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home